- Botanical Name: Aquilaria agallocha
- Origin: Assam, India
- Process: CO2 Total Extract
- Plant Part: Oleo Resin / Wood
- Cultivation: Plantation grown using ecologically sound practices
- Use: Aromatherapy / Natural Perfumery
- Note: Base note
- Aroma: Earthy, warm, woody
- Contraindications: None
- Certificate of Analysis
- Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
Our Agarwood CO2 offers an unusual woody note that blends well in exotic Oriental and woody compositions. A little touch of Agarwood can turn an otherwise simple and ordinary scent into something truly extraordinary. It combines well with resins, balsams, spices and precious florals, and helps deepen the other aromas in a blend, making it more complex and long-lasting.
For a truly unique scent apply our Agarwood CO2, by itself, directly to the skin. Revered as a precious oil, Agarwood is often used as an anointing oil and in sacred oil blends. It is a highly valued addition to any fine natural perfumer’s pallet. Also known as Oud, Aloeswood, Eaglewood Ud, or Kiara, among other names.
AROMATIC PROFILE: Woody, earthy, animalic, fungus-like, slightly medicinal, warm, musky. Think of hay and dirt, after a rain.
APPEARANCE: Viscous, opaque and dark brown. Solid at room temperature. Due to its thick viscosity, this oil has special blending requirements (see below).
USE: In natural perfumery, or meditation or sacred blends.
BLENDING SUGGESTIONS: Gently warm in a water bath. Add it drop by drop to your blend, then gently warm the entire blend to help the Agarwood easily mix into your essential oil formulas or into carrier oils. For alcohol based perfumes, instead of warming dilute the Agarwood in alcohol until it is liquid enough to use with a dropper. We recommend a 50-65% dilution to maintain the original tenacity of the essence. With this high concentration, you will need to add only a little to your composition. For a pre-blended and easy to use dilution of this oil, see our Agarwood CO2 - 5%.
SAFETY CONSIDERATIONS: Agarwood is considered safe and can be worn neat on the skin. A patch-test is recommended prior to use.
Customer Reviews for Agarwood CO2
- A new world of oudh experiencies Review by Gregg
Thick, dark, exotic and mysterious. I only got my delivery yesterday and at the moment i am testing Hindi, Thai, Indonesian and Malaysian and Cambodi oudhs, so i have to do a little cleaning up to remove the residue of all of these wonderful oudhs... and give my olfactory system a rest. But.... on first impressions this is an amazing product. Mellow but a tad spicy somewhat camphoraceous odor and a nice base of woodiness. As with all oudhs it takes some time to fully evaluate an oudh and come to know its character. Hopefully i will be able to update this review.
Many thanks for making this product available.
Warm regards (Posted on 7/15/14)
- Agarwood CO2 Review by Michael
- Superb and exotic! (Posted on 2/4/14)
- update Review by bab
- This is an update to my previous review that mentions the red spikenard note. My most recent purchase is a little different. More aged perhaps but it has a labdanum note, more ambery , less in your face, more mellow. (Posted on 10/11/13)
- heaven on earth Review by Chana
- This agarwood co2 is like bringing heaven down to earth...takes me to a faraway place somewhere between gan eden (garden of eden and shangri-la), a little goes a long way, and lasts through out the day. A touch on my pulse points and I am good to go all day... (Posted on 6/5/13)
- amazing oud Review by saad
i love oud very much and I've smelled many oud's but this is amazing! Yes this oud is heavy but it is amazing! I will buy the 1/2 oz soon.
(Posted on 5/6/13)
- Agarwood is much like spikenard Review by Bab
- This Agarwood is strong, so of good value. A little goes a very long way and then some. To me, its an aroma much like Spikenard Red. It is beautiful when highly diluted and added to incense and amber fragrances. It provides tenacity and uplifts. (Posted on 4/9/13)
- Entrancing Review by DeeDee
- Woody, peculiarly resinous, warm and sweet. None of that "barnyard" smell. It is very tenacious and a little goes a long way. Mix it with tuberose CO2 extract and something wonderful happens----the most sublime incense smell arises like something from an ancient temple making you think you are in heaven, if only for a while. Worth the price! (Posted on 4/8/13)
- Rich, precious, extraordinary... Review by BShea
- Agarwood; Hmmm. My first impression when I opened the bottle was; Labdanum! Then the woody/earthy notes of Agarwood starting swirling around. This one is warmer, tarter, and fruitier (i.e Labdanum) than the sample I've recieved from Eden in the past. The sample I had had that basic woody/earthy note but was somehow both rich and transparent at the same time, it reminded me of forest floors and wet bark after the rain. This one has that, but has the Labdanum-like resinous aspects as well. Of course there are also other facets to this complex, intriguing scent; leather/animalic notes (but nothing funky, fecal, or urine-like, mind you), also are present. I did use it in a blend recently and it's incredibly long lasting. I'm a big lover of woody and earthy scents, so this one is a really big plus in my book. All, in all, I love it. Get some! (Posted on 2/27/13)
- Extraordinary and singular Review by Michele L.
There is not another scent like Agarwood and Eden Botanicals Agarwood CO2 is not like any other oil I own. Earthy, warm and yet strangely animal-like, it adds a note that I was searching for for my other woodsy scents of Patchouli and vetiver. There is a hint of it in Eden's Amber Essence, but to kick it up a notch I add a drop or two more. Lovely product. Thanks Eden!
(Posted on 2/25/13)
- Unusually distinctive sweet odor Review by SL
I received a sample of this. This CO2 is very hard to define- it has a sharper smell , it is unlike most woody essential oils, not soft like Cedarwood atlas. It does remind me of walking out in a forest after a rain storm and having a unusually distinctive sweet odor which is pleasant and calls back to you for more.
(Posted on 2/22/13)
- Hypnotic Review by Del
- I found this to have a very sweet, woody aroma. It is very resinous, deep, and rich. It is hypnotic, and the smallest drop is easily enough for a whole blend. (Posted on 2/18/13)
- Beautiful Agarwood Review by Elisa
Agarwood is used a lot in eastern perfumes. It is such a beautiful scent. Smells like a combo of resin & woods. So exotic & memorizing. Would make a fine addition to any homemade perfume or skincare products.
(Posted on 2/15/13)
- Eden Botanicals Agarwood CO2 Review by Kevin
I have been buying/selling/using agarwood and agarwood oils for many years. I recently purchased a sample of the CO2 from Eden and found it to be a very good high quality oil so I ordered a bigger bottle. I received it today and am again quite pleased with the quality.
Although the Eden website may state their CO2 agarwood oil does not really stand up to wild harvested agarwood oil, I would have to disagree. Not that one is better than the other, but they are both different. If you love good agarwood oil, get the CO2 from Eden. You will not be disappointed.
Thank you Eden Botanicals for the quality products/price/service. (Posted on 11/15/12)
- Not quite like Agarwood incense, but so good! Review by White Rabbit
- I've been hunting for agarwood oils for a while now, having been enchanted by the woody, almost mulch-like aroma from some incense sticks I've used. This led me here, to agarwood CO2 extract; goodness, what a powerful product! You definitely ought to dilute this, and they are very, very, VERY serious when it's said that a little goes a LONG way. I barely added half a drop of this to my amber-lotus blend and you can easily smell it; thank goodness it didn't dominate the blend! Either way, the scent is amazing---much more pungent than incense, strong, deep woody notes, almost musty at times. I'm hoping to blend it with some vanilla and sandalwood for a wonderful autumn scent. (Posted on 10/1/12)