- Botanical Name: Nicotiana tabacum
- Origin: Bulgaria
- Process: Solvent Extracted Absolute
- Plant Part: Leaves
- Cultivation: Cultivated
- Use: Natural Perfumery
- Note: Base Note
- Aroma: Sweet, slightly smoky, rich aroma reminiscent of fine pipe tobacco
- Certificate of Analysis
- Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
This absolute has a sweet, slightly smoky, rich aroma reminiscent of fine pipe tobacco. It adds depth and character to natural perfumes, especially masculine and Oriental blends.
Perfumery Uses: Adds depth and character to natural perfumes, especially masculine and oriental blends. A very tenacious oil.
Physical Appearance: Dark green substance that is solid at room temperature and requires special use instructions to blend.
Contraindications: Dilute prior to use. This product may contain trace amounts Nicotine.
Customer Reviews for Tobacco Absolute
- Special effects Review by Matt S
- Using this oil reminds me of just how sophisticated a fragrance can become with just the smallest amount. Blended with vanilla, neroli, and ambrette it takes on an intriguing, timeless, and perfectly unisex scent. The effects tobacco abs will have on other oils can never be predicted, but it's almost always a pleasant surprise. (Posted on 7/16/14)
- Strong but pleasant Review by M.
- Like fresh, fine quality tobacco, no dirty ashtray here. Some sweetness reminding me of prune juice, warm herbal/spicy, with a bit of a sharper, almost smoky undertone. Very pleasant in smaller amounts / diluted. (Posted on 6/20/14)
- Beautiful, true tobacco. Review by p
- So glad when Eden got their tobacco abs back in stock! This is the only tobacco abs I've ever tried, but I love it. I feels it reflects all of the dimensions of tobacco (and the positive images one associates with tobacco). Each whiff starts with a slight animalic funk, but then there's a very full tobacco - warm, rich, and fine, like pipe tobacco, but with the lush, juicy quality of chewing tobacco. Very evocative and warm, masculine and wood-paneled, yet one can't forget that this tobacco is from a plant. Love it. One should definitely evaluate this in dilution, as it's way too much right out of the bottle. (Posted on 4/1/13)
- Great for gentlemanly scents! Review by Del
- This is wonderful! Its nothing like a cigarette. Instead its the warm, rich aroma of very fine pipe tobacco. Its smokey and woody-sweet. It can be blended with other oils, like vanilla, to recreate different scents of flavored pipe tobacco. Great for gentlemanly scents that seek to recall mahogany paneled rooms where the men would gather to discuss business. It is very strong and gives a bit of a head rush if inhaled deeply from the bottle. Use sparingly. (Posted on 2/18/13)
- Interesting Review by Caine
- While catching its scent for the first time, I did receive a very unexpected nicotine head-rush followed by a sensation of wellness - I would be very wary of placing this in a blend. It had a very green scent, and not at all like the fragrance oils you see in 'tobacco' candles. I'd highly recommend a sampler prior to buying this one. The oil itself is olive-colored. (Posted on 10/24/12)