Rose Absolute, Egypt
- Botanical Name: Rosa damascena
- Origin: Egypt
- Process: Solvent Extracted Absolute
- Plant Part: Flowers
- Cultivation: Cultivated
- Use: Natural Perfumery
- Note: Middle Note
- Aroma: Deep, warm, earthy, bold. Excellent tenacity, will hold its own in blends.
- Contraindications: Dilute prior to use.
- Certificate of Analysis
Egyptian Rose Absolute
Our Rose Absolute from Egypt offers a warm, extremely rich and honeyed true rose aroma with a hint of spice. It is similar to Bulgarian Rose Absolute as they are both extracted from the Damask Rose plant.
Used throughout history for its lovely scent, Rose oil – the premier oil of love – encourages a feeling of happiness and contentment and is esteemed for being a classical "heart opener". In aromatherapy, rose is used in skin formulas, for depression, and as a tonic for the female reproductive system.
Our Egyptian Rose Absolute is very concentrated - please dilute this oil into jojoba or other vegetable oil (or perfumer's alcohol) prior to using. Feel free to use it in your natural perfume blends, especially in combination with Jasmine, Sandalwood, and Ylang Ylang. Also try blending Rose Absolute with our Amber Essence Oil to make your own unique amber rose oil.
Aromatic Profile: Deep, warm, earthy, bold. Excellent tenacity; will hold its own in blends.
Appearance: Deep orange/red, slightly viscous liquid.
Use: For a pre-blended and affordable dilution of this oil, see our Rose Absolute, Egypt – 10%.
Blending Suggestions: Add drop by drop to your perfume blends until the desired effect is achieved (please note: a little goes a long way).
Blends Well With: Amyris, Balsam of Peru, Bergamot and most citrus oils, Beeswax, Black Pepper, Cassie, Cedarwood, Roman Chamomile, Clary Sage, Galbanum, Geranium, Helichrysum, Jasmine, Laurel Leaf, Lavender, Melissa, Neroli, Palmarosa, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Violet Leaf, Ylang Ylang.
Safety Considerations: Dilute before using. A patch test should be performed before use for those with sensitive skin.
Customer Reviews for Rose Absolute, Egypt
- The Scent of a Honeyed Rose! Review by JPerez
- From Eden's Rose sampler this was my favorite rose, followed very close by the Bulgarian Absolute. Both are very balanced top quality roses. If you are looking for a natural rose scent, very close to the fresh flowers these two are IMO the best. The Egyptian was my favorite due to the fruity honey like top notes. The Bulgarian top notes are slightly more traditional "old fashioned" rose. (Posted on 6/22/13)
- Soft, powdery Review by BShea
- Egyptian Rose Abs; This is nice. Its a dry powdery rose. It reminds me of the rose incense sticks that come from India (speaking of, I would like to try Indian rose too). There is a bit of a sour note at first, straight, undiluted out of the bottle, but it does dry down really nice. I'm sure diluted and blended that would not be present. This would be really nice blended with sandalwood, styrax, myrhh, patchouly, orris, vetiver, geranium, jasmine (of course), vanilla, citron, lime leaf, ambrette, civit and perhaps tonka bean (sounds like a blend right there). (Posted on 2/27/13)