Jasmine Absolute, Egypt
- Botanical Name: Jasminum grandiflorum
- Origin: Egypt
- Process: Solvent Extracted Absolute
- Plant Part: Flowers (Harvested before dawn)
- Cultivation: Cultivated
- Use: Natural Perfumery
- Note: Middle / Base Note
- Aroma: Intensely floral, sweet, tenacious, with a somewhat musky and tea/honey undertone; slightly lighter than Jasmine Absolute from India, yet still very concentrated.
- Contraindications: Dilute prior to use.
- Certificate of Analysis
Egyptian Jasmine Absolute
Egyptian Jasmine is renowned for its beautiful aroma, well upholding jasmine’s reputation as the King of Flowers and as a powerful aphrodisiac. Our Jasmine Absolute from Egypt harmonizes well with almost all other essences and, due to its powerful aroma, is best diluted in a carrier oil or alcohol before blending with other oils. Only a hint of this precious oil is needed to impart elegance, balance, and smoothness to perfume creations.
Jasmine is native to China, Northern India and Western Asia, with up to 43 species of Jasmine recorded in India alone. All of our Jasmine offerings have a combination of deep, intensely sweet floral notes and a very smooth character.
Jasmine is an oil that brings a lightness and happy feeling to those who use it. Perhaps because it is a known aphrodisiac and helps to dispel fear, guilt, and emotional blocks, Patricia Davis notes in her book Subtle Aromatherapy that Jasmine is the most important oil for those who want to spiritualize the intimate aspect of their relationships. “With Jasmine, we are helped to understand that there is no division between physical and divine love.”
Aromatic Profile: Intensely floral, sweet, tenacious, with a somewhat musky and tea/honey undertone; slightly lighter than Jasmine Absolute from India, yet still very concentrated.
Appearance: Deep orange-red, transparent, mobile liquid.
Use: Natural perfumery.
Blending Suggestions: Add drop by drop to your perfume blends until the desired effect is achieved. For a pre-blended and affordable dilution of this oil, see our Jasmine Absolute, Egypt - 10%.
Blends Well With: Ambrette Seed, Amyris, Bergamot, Black Pepper, Cassie, Cedarwood, Chamomile (Roman), Clary Sage, Coriander, Frankincense, Galbanum, Geranium, Grapefruit, Helichrysum, Lavender, Lemon, Lemongrass, Lime, Mandarin, Melissa, Neroli, Orange, Orange Blossom, Palmarosa, Patchouli, Rose, Sandalwood, Tuberose, Vetiver, Violet Leaf, Ylang Ylang. Jasmine “has the ability to round off any rough notes and blends with virtually everything.” (Julia Lawless, The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Essential Oils.)
Safety Considerations: Not to be used during pregnancy; can induce contractions. Dilute before using. A patch test should be performed before use for those with sensitive skin.
Customer Reviews for Jasmine Absolute, Egypt
- Awesome Review by Bobby
- The sambac is an awesome scent. I used it in a blend that eveyone thought was phenomenal. (Posted on 4/30/13)
- Really beautiful Review by BShea
- Egyptian Jasmine G.; This is another WOW! It's kind of like a combination of Jasmine Grandiflorum and J. Sambac. It has a fresh, fruity drydown. it lasts SO long. I got my order last Saturday; the smelling strip still smells of it! I've been getting the one from India and while this is more expensive I'm REALLY tempted to use this one instead. Simply gorgeous. (Posted on 2/27/13)