Beautifully aromatic oil from Plumeria Flowers harvested from tropical islands in the Mozambique Channel. A sweet floral reminiscent of jasmine, with warm, fruity undertones.
- Nice but not what I'm used to... Review by Anna Renaud
I know frangipani from different companies and this one is very special - smells more like jasmine than frangipani itself. A bit sweeter than jasmine though, without fresh notes.
The Frangipani I know is in a form of a thick paste-like product, very sweet, heavenly smell with an idea of exotic island. I'm quite sad that this absolute is not what I hoped for (Posted on 5/11/13)
- Nothing Like Frangipani Review by Sue
- Frangipani is one of my top favorites. There's something about its fruity apricot enticingly sweet floral aroma that is so unique. HOWEVER, and although I've never been disappointed with any other products from Eden, in all honesty I must say that this Frangipani is not typical of plumeria alba at all. I found it to have a distinct sharp medicinal (clove-like) note with no soft fruity floral notes. Other reviews here refer to a Jasmine-like aroma but I failed to make that connection, even with comparing it with other Jasmine's I have from Eden side by side. In the past I've always opted for hexane free extracted Frangipani and wonder if that is why this one smells so vastly different since it is standard solvent extracted. Perhaps if Eden gets their hands on a hexane free Frangipani absolute I'll get a sample and find out if that is the difference. (Posted on 5/2/13)
- Jasmine and Ylang Review by B
This is unlike any Frangipani I've used before. It is a lot like jasmine and ylang ylang imo. There's a very, very faint spice note in there as well and a little more earthy. Lighter than Jasmine.
Not disappointed because it is beautiful, but it isn't a typical Frangipani. (Posted on 3/2/13)
- Inspired by Hawaii Review by Erik
Once again, Eden Botanicals delivered just what I needed!
I was creating a body balm product that was inspired by Hawaii and I just couldn't find a quality, affordable scent to add. Then one morning I received the eNewsletter and there it was. Frangipani (plumeria) had just been added to the Eden product offerings! Others have commented about it's similarity to jasmine. I find that it is distinctive from the jasmine absolute I've ordered from Eden. The frangipani has a slightly more "earthy" note to it where the jasmine is an instant floral note. Thrilled that you offer this! (Posted on 2/28/13)
- Jasmine-like, with a fresh drydown, lovely Review by BShea
- Frangipani; I'm a plumeria nut, so I have a few different kinds; two absolutes and a concrete. Frangipani is a new essence that Eden is carrying, so I had to try it. It smells like jasmine! So very different from the other frangipanis that I have. It also has a leathery, animalic undertone, and, surprisingly, a minty nuance! The final drydown is very fresh. It's really beautiful, although I had my reservations, it being so jasmine-like and all. It is also liquid and mobile, whereas my other frangipanis are waxy and paste-like and the color is a clear amber brown . (Posted on 2/27/13)
- Much like Jasmine Review by Flo
- I was surprised by how much like Jasmine this smells. I was a bit disappointed as I wanted something more distinct. I wonder if other plumeria varieties (obtusa, ruba) would smell differently. Nevertheless, this is a nice note to complement and enhance jasmine scents. (Posted on 2/15/13)