Lavender, France - Organic
- Botanical Name: Lavandula angustifolia
- Origin: France
- Process: Steam Distilled Essential Oil
- Plant Part: Flowers
- Cultivation: Cultivated, Certified Organic (NOP)
- Use: Aromatherapy / Natural Perfumery
- Note: Middle / Top Note
- Aroma: Floral, sweet-herbaceous, and rich; greener and less sweet with a deeper aroma than our other Lavenders.
- Contraindications: Dilute prior to use.
- Certificate of Analysis
Organic French Lavender
We are happy to offer a premium, certified organic (NOP) French Lavender essential oil – it is of the highest quality and aroma. Within the characteristic Lavender scent, this pedigreed oil has its own distinct nuances of sweet herbal and rich green notes that hale from the ideal soils and southern climates of the famous French lavender fields.
Lavandula angustifolia is the true lavender (as opposed to spike lavender, lavandin, etc.). It is produced throughout the world, although France is considered the premier growing region, and is the source of two of our best-selling Lavender essential oils (High Elevation and Wild).
Lavender is the most popular and most often used essential oil here in the United States. It can be blended into many formulas, and has been a part of fine fragrances for centuries. Lavender is a middle to top note and can be used as a perfume modifier; it can also help mask unpleasant aromas of oils you want to use it in aromatherapy blends.
In the world of essential oils, Lavender is one of (if not) the most commonly used due to its versatility and pleasant scent. It can be safely applied to a broad array of conditions; to soothe burns, take the sting out of insect bites, calm headaches and anxiety, as well as invigorate the senses. Lavender also makes a wonderful addition to skin care for any skin type products due to its ability to balance the skin and soothe irritation. In Ayurvedic terms, this oil has cooling and drying energy to help relax the mind, soothe tension and anxiety, ease frustration and pent-up emotions, and to evoke calmness and composure. This is one oil that should be part of everyone’s collection!
Aromatic Profile: Floral, sweet-herbaceous, and rich; greener and less sweet with a deeper aroma than our other Lavenders.
Appearance: Clear, water-white, very mobile liquid.
Use: Aromatherapy, natural perfumery, body care, incense, cleaning/room fragrance, and as a single scent.
Blending Suggestions: Add drop by drop to your blends until the desired effect is achieved.
Blends Well With: Bergamot, Cedarwood, Chamomile, Citronella, Clary Sage, Clove, Geranium, Jasmine, Labdanum, Laurel Leaf, Lemon, Mandarin, Oakmoss, Orange, Patchouli, Rose, Rosemary, Thyme, Vetiver. We also recommend blending the different types of lavenders we carry to create a unique, complex lavender accord.
Safety Considerations: Dilute before using. A patch test should be performed before use for those with sensitive skin.
Customer Reviews for Lavender, France - Organic
- Great For Colds Review by Luke
- Has a wonderful scent, but I mostly use it as a flu preventative. Works every time. (Posted on 11/2/14)
- Honey-like scent Review by Becki
- I got the lavender sampler and narrowed down my choice to three. This one won out simply because there is a honey-like sweetness to it. I use it for the typical uses, but find myself dabbing this one behind my ears just to enjoy the sweet scent. (Posted on 7/10/14)
- Exquisite Review by Sylver
- Just received a sample of the french organic lavender and it is by far the most beautiful smelling lavender I've ever experienced. For years, I have been ordering lavender from all over the world to sample the different varieties and I have finally found the one I've been looking for! It smells just like lavender flowers....fresh, soft, smooth, relaxing. (Posted on 1/14/14)
- Sweet, fresh, light Review by Amber
- I just received this as a sample and I love it! So sweet and fresh! Reminds me of running through a field of lavender! (Posted on 10/24/13)