Helichrysum - Organic
- Botanical Name: Helichrysum italicum
- Origin: Corsica
- Process: Steam Distilled Essential Oil
- Plant Part: Flowers
- Cultivation: Wild Grown, Certified Organic (ECO CERT)
- Use: Aromatherapy
- Note: Middle Note
- Aroma: Refreshing, with pungent herbaceous and earthy undertones
- Contraindications: See Overview
- Certificate of Analysis
Helichrysum Essential Oil - Organic
Our organically grown Helichrysum from Corsica is a beautiful, therapeutic essential oil that makes an excellent and regenerative addition to skincare formulas. Its beneficial properties are known to help with wound healing, bruising, scarring, acne and a multitude of skin irritations.
Helichrysum contains the highest known amount of di-ketones in an essential oil. Di-ketones are highly regenerative, and are responsible for Helichrysum’s reputation for scar reduction and tissue repair. Well-known for its ability to speed cicatrization (formation of scar tissue) and for its antibacterial properties, studies have also shown Helichrysum to help alleviate post-trauma bruising and swelling. This calming oil soothes redness and irritation, helps control the appearance of skin blemishes and reduce the appearance of resulting scars, and is very useful in formulas to help reduce stretch marks.
Although considered a very safe oil, it is best used highly diluted in skin formulas and other therapeutic blends for optimal results. Helichrysum is a well-rounded oil that benefits every type skin and makes a useful addition to natural therapy first aid kits.
Aromatic Profile: Refreshing, with pungent herbaceous and earthy undertones
Appearance: Transparent pale yellow liquid.
Use: An important oil in skincare for wound healing, bruising, scarring, acne and a multitude of skin irritations. Excellent anti-inflammatory for muscle and joint pain.
Blending Suggestions: Add drop by drop to your blends.
Safety Considerations: Dilute before using. A patch test should be performed before use for those with sensitive skin. Contains ketones. Avoid use with small children, elders, epileptics, pregnant and/or nursing women.
Customer Reviews for Helichrysum - Organic
- Effective Review by Sierra
- I bought a small amount of this helichrysum for a few different uses. It seems to help (diluted) with my son's ezcema. I also apply a tiny amount, neat, to my recently strained trapezious muscle. Within minutes the pain is reduced by 90%. A great oil to have on hand. (Posted on 9/9/13)
- Warm, detoxifying Review by Dave
The Helichrysum, organic is a beautiful oil. I was unsure at first, seemed like a tonic mom might force on you. But, as I used it, I discovered that is really is a tonic, in a different way. Warm and sunny - one of the most “clean” and “gentle” oils I know, just a slight distant honey aroma, and otherwise, pure and detoxifying. Also great for insect bite mixtures. A fine distillation, Eden. Keep up the great work!
(Posted on 3/5/13)
- Corsican Helichrysum Review by Phoebe
- This organic Helichrysum is warm with a gentle earthiness. I find it deeply comforting and familiar - something like hay, like country fields and sunshine. Like a mysterious combination of the trees, the fields, the wild flowers... (Posted on 2/16/13)