- Botanical Name: Theobroma cacao
- Origin: France
- Process: Benign Solvent Extracted Absolute (Natural Grape Spirits is the solvent used, No Hexane)
- Plant Part: Seeds
- Cultivation: Cultivated
- Use: Natural Perfumery
- Note: Middle Note
- Aroma: A rich, sensuous aroma no chocolate lover can resist! Mildly spicy, warm, sweet.
- Certificate of Analysis
Cocao Absolute is highly recommended for chocolate lovers as the aroma is like that of fine dark chocolate - good enough to eat!
Try using Cocao Absolute as a rich middle note in love formulas or for adding a sense of intrigue to your natural perfumes.
Our customers tell us that our Cocao Absolute is the best Cocao they have experienced.
Solubility: Soluble in alcohol. Does not blend in fixed oils.
Customer Reviews for Cocao Absolute
- As chocolate as it gets Review by Morgane
- Chocolate. Pure and simple. (Posted on 6/20/14)
- This will send a chocoholic into fiending fits..... Review by BShea
- Lucious. Delicious. Yummy. Mouthwatering. All these describe Eden's incredible cacao absolute. A thick, but mobile liquid (it will stick to the insides of your dropper) with the rich brown color of a bar of deep, dark chocolate and the scent as well. But one of the great things about this is that it is not just a culinary scent, there is a smooth, soft,velvety, seductive, musky quality to it that makes it very versatile. I use it a lot. It is of course really good with other culinary and confectionary essences like vanilla(of course), coffee, spices,and tonka bean, but try it with deep, rich florals like ylang ylang, rose, jasmine, white ginger, osmanthus and....tuberose. GAAAHHHH.... It's also really good with labdanum, patchouly, myrhh, vetiver, all of the balsams; benzoin, b.Peru, and b.Tolu, agarwood, blackberry(I made a tincture from freeze dried berries), raspberry(ditto), and surprisingly, mushroom absolute! GET THIS!!! (Posted on 7/3/13)
- You want to eat it! Review by jesnco
- I saw a perfume advertised for Valentine's day that consisted of Cocoa and Tuberose and knew I had to buy those two ingredients. While I'm still working on my formula, the Cocoa is wonderful! Rich, warm and sweet! (Posted on 3/19/13)
- YUM! Review by Michele
- This is the richest Cacao I have tried out of four or five other brands. It smells like real chocolate and doesn't have the strange chemical smell that some of my other ones do. Works well in alot of different blends! (Posted on 2/28/13)
- Best Cocao abs. I've smelled yet! Review by Jessica
- I was very impressed with the quality and depth of this absolute. Others I have smelled have had an alcohol dominant smell masking the depth of the Cocao--this abs. delivers the real thing--you go to a cloud of chocolate heaven! I've been blissed out by experimentation with the Cocao and other e.o.'s like cardamom co2, and neroli, and frangipani to name a few. This cocao absolute is heady yet not overwhelming, elevating and expansive, with a velvet-milky richness! (Posted on 2/25/13)
- Scrumptious Review by fifiantoinette
- I swoon whenever I open the bottle of this, even after diluting down to a 20% concentration in alcohol. It is absolutely mouthwatering. I haven't learned how to properly incorporate it into my blends yet but I can't wait to start experimenting. It's like the finest, highest quality, single origin chocolate bar I've ever had, in liquid form! I'm guessing if used in baking or cooking, the results would be out of this world. (Posted on 2/19/13)
- I wanted to eat this! Review by Jill
- This is a superb cacao. I am very pleased with this absolute, and I have been wanting to experiment with new blending techniques just to use it! A Holiday scrub with a body butter would be sinful.... I think this is perfect as a standalone, but there is a lot of potential for something that smells this terrific. (Posted on 2/19/13)
- The best I have tried Review by LS
- By far the best cocao absolute I have used. Sweet, rich, heady, most delicious. (Posted on 2/18/13)
- Luscious Cocao Review by RA
- This is absolutely the most luscious chocolate fragrance that my nose has been blessed to sniff... It has a deep, lingering, velvety aroma. I use it in all sorts of delicious blends, the most popular being my "Wine and Chocolate" botanical perfume. And I love that it is extracted without hexane... (Posted on 2/18/13)
- Scrumptious! Review by Flo
- This is the best cocoa absolute I have ever smelled. It is positively delicious. I blend it with Labdanum absolute to create a chocolately, ambery delight. I also like to use it as a singular note and have applied it neat (although I wouldn't recommend this to others). Great item. (Posted on 2/15/13)
- Excellent! Review by Tina
- This is, hands down, the absolute best cocao absolute I've ever experienced. It is deep, rich, and exceptionally fragrant. This sends my perfumes that contain a cocao note absolutely over the top. I adore it! (Posted on 7/28/12)