- Botanical Name: Juniperus virginiana
- Origin: USA
- Process: Steam Distilled Essential Oil
- Plant Part: Heartwood
- Cultivation: Wild Grown
- Use: Aromatherapy / Natural Perfumery
- Note: Base to middle note with very good tenacity
- Aroma: Sweet, woody and slightly balsamic, this is a Juniper species
- Contraindications: See Overview
- Certificate of Analysis
Virginia Cedarwood Essential Oil
Virginia Cedarwood essential oil is actually from a Juniper tree, however the aroma is that of Cedar - woody and smooth, and reminiscent of an old cedarwood chest. Our Virginia Cedarwood oil is a beautiful dark reddish color.
This is a good quality Virginia Cedarwood essential oil. It does not have the more typical "pencil" aroma that most Virginia Cedarwood essential oils have. That is because it is not distilled from the left over wood from the pencil making industry, like other Virginia Cedarwood oils are.
Aromatherapy Uses: Excellent venous decongestant, use for varicose veins, hemorrhoids.
Safety Considerations: Contains ketones. Avoid use with small children, elders, epileptics, pregnant and/or nursing women.
- Complex, Sweet, Smooth... Review by BAGreat
- What a gorgeous Cedarwood note. It is rich, deep with a light sweetness and just so damn smooth. I cannot emphasize this enough! It can work for both men and women. It is completely unisex with the feminine and masculine in perfect harmony. Get this if you want a suave, clean cedarwood note for your blends. (Posted on 1/9/14)
- Smooth stuff Review by Wolfy
Much smoother and sweeter than "white cedar" and definitely not as sharp, though it is very similar and still conjures up the image of pencil shavings when smelled, not overbearing, but it's there. All in all it's a great warm woody scent.
(Posted on 11/22/13)
- Beautiful color and smooth Review by Kyara
- I was expecting pencil shavings. But this dark red cedarwood is smooth, round, with a hint of sweetness. It's much more complex than other Virginia cedarwoods I've had. (Posted on 5/4/13)