Basil, Sweet ct Methyl Chavicol - Organic
- Botanical Name: Ocimum basilicum
- Origin: Egypt
- Process: Steam Distilled Essential Oil
- Plant Part: Leaves and Tops
- Cultivation: Cultivated - Certified Organic (NOP)
- Use: Aromatherapy / Natural Perfumery
- Note: Top to Middle note
- Aroma: Sweet, spicy scent with a distinctive anise/licorice note
- Certificate of Analysis
Sweet Basil ct. Methyl Chavicol Essential Oil - Organic
Sweet Basil essential oil has a sweet, uplifting aroma, and is useful for headaches (including migraines), earaches, flu symptoms, sinus congestion, depression, and fatigue. It also has a balancing effect on the nervous system and is considered an excellent nerve tonic.
Our certified organic (NOP, EU, JAP) Methyl Chavicol type of Sweet Basil essential oil has a higher percentage of methyl chavicol than linalool and an aroma more characteristic of anise. Sweet Basil, methyl chavicol chemotype is different in aroma than the linalool type of Sweet Basil essential oil. It is very pleasing, and more typical of sweet anise.
Aromatherapy Uses: Antispasmodic, excellent for massage oils and lotions, calms muscle tension